Status
Not open for further replies.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have the flow on full blast on it and the light was in full power for 3 days straight
Please do some research about the corals you put in your tank. Frogspawn (and most other euphyllia) cannot withstand flow "at full blast".

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think calcium dropped really low bc I just had a problem w it and an dosing calcium/alkalinity and I couldn’t do it for 3 days so that’s prob why
Why are you dosing anything on a brand new tank? Water changes are going to take care of the elements for you at this stage. Don't complicate things with unnecessary products. Spend that money on getting a good filtration system (RODI) or other things you'll need long term to keep a healthy system.

OP
OP
E

ethanlovesfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you dosing anything on a brand new tank? Water changes are going to take care of the elements for you at this stage. Don't complicate things with unnecessary products. Spend that money on getting a good filtration system (RODI) or other things you'll need long term to keep a healthy system.
It’s not brand new

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a tv for 3 months is it considered brand new Nope
Ethan, a reef tank is not a TV. Your tank is very new. Not even done cycling. No one needs to dose Alk and calcium in a brand new tank started from dry rock with a couple of corals. A seasoned reefer who upgrades to a new tank with a ton of SPS? Sure. But not you, not this tank, not now.

OP
OP
E

ethanlovesfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Ethan, a reef tank is not a TV. Your tank is very new. Not even done cycling. No one needs to dose Alk and calcium in a brand new tank started from dry rock with a couple of corals. A seasoned reefer who upgrades to a new tank with a ton of SPS? Sure. But not you, not this tank, not now.
I have 5 sps

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

I have 5 sps
You are not even trying to understand the advice you're being given. Good luck.
And good luck to anyone else trying to help you (read through Ethan's other threads and you'll see a pattern...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back