Frogspawn questions

TeeSquared1214

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
280
Reaction score
161
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this beautiful frogspawn with three heads a couple of weeks ago and seems to be doing well. The thing is, I can’t figure out where to place it or even where to expect it to grow from? It looks like old bits of the skeleton are what these heads are attached to. Do I keep that or trim it off and glue to a rock? First LPS coral so I’m unsure how to proceed. I know it branches but from the skeleton or the polyps? Because the polyps seem to be the ones extending and forming branches. I have a GSP frag on the back wall, so to avoid that from smothering the frogspawn, in the future I’m planning to have it in the middle of my 100g on a standalone rock.

IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5129.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg


Below image was from a month ago, but thinking of placing it on the center rock toward the front or off to the right somewhere. Honestly not too happy with my scape so I might move some of the smaller pieces around.

Tank has been up for a few months. No more than 3.
IMG_4920.jpeg
 
I usually keep the old skeleton and use it stuff into a rock or use to secure in putty. Frogspawn get top heavy so where ever you put it make sure you secure it firmly. Putty and super glue works for me
 
The heads split in most cases, some will start a new head in the side. Don't cut anything just glue the bottom in a area with medium light and enough flow to keep the polyps waving some not to heavy. You will have to keep an eye on all of your parameters especially magnesium. Keep that between 1350 and 1425.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new