Frogspawn questions

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what I think is a huge head of branching frogspawn. I’ve had it a couple months. Curious about how long it takes for new little heads to begin forming? I don’t think any are yet.

Also, is it normal for them to almost always have Incredibly long sweepers our during the day?

Last question, the little growths near the base (squirts maybe?) are they at all harmful?

Thanks!

fa9a1a3f470bd0b14dcab702b1115e3d.jpg
21d658209d0f14a18c6c27512e827478.jpg
4033e4d21e15d54a4866a32bf6537e69.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a very healthy frogspawn to me :) The sprouts near the base look like sponges along with spirorbid worms. As long as it's open and healthy I wouldn't be to worried about it growing out. Before you know it you'll have a bunch of heads on your hands :) My Hammer (another type of euphyllia) went from two heads to around 30 in two years.

OP
OP
Brian1f1

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a very healthy frogspawn to me :) The sprouts near the base look like sponges along with spirorbid worms. As long as it's open and healthy I wouldn't be to worried about it growing out. Before you know it you'll have a bunch of heads on your hands :) My Hammer (another type of euphyllia) went from two heads to around 30 in two years.

Thanks! I really like that piece. If I could my Aussie gold torch to grow we’d really be in business!

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is a branching frogspawn? If so it will bud fast once you get it going. I probably fragged 3 heads a month on mine once it got to softball size. Mine also was a great eater which is apparently unusual for them.

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure that is a branching frogspawn? If so it will bud fast once you get it going. I probably fragged 3 heads a month on mine once it got to softball size. Mine also was a great eater which is apparently unusual for them.
It’s a branching. Wall types have very specific type of base. Semi-circular unless it’s a frag, which is very obvious buy a straight edge on any side.

OP
OP
Brian1f1

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I’m confused by it. It’s absolutely enormous for a single head (at least in my experience). I think the shop fragged it, maybe that’s why it doesn’t have other heads yet? A wall wouldn’t be perfectly oval right?

Mavric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish mine was looking that good! I got the frag about 3 weeks ago and it has gone from golf ball size to baseball size. Really excited to see it start branching out.

OP
OP
Brian1f1

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish mine was looking that good! I got the frag about 3 weeks ago and it has gone from golf ball size to baseball size. Really excited to see it start branching out.

It sounds like yours is looking really good?

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I’m confused by it. It’s absolutely enormous for a single head (at least in my experience). I think the shop fragged it, maybe that’s why it doesn’t have other heads yet? A wall wouldn’t be perfectly oval right?
I haven't seen any oval ones myself. Corals can grow in weird shapes due to flow etc. Keep us posted if you see heads form on the fleshy parts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back