OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just beautiful!!! Would you mind sharing how to start from nothing in January and to full blown colonies in 8 months?
In Japan, colony sales are more common than flag sales.The popularity of flags is increasing a little bit, though.
I've posted the progress of the setup in my build thread.Please take a look at it if you want.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Japan, colony sales are more common than flag sales.The popularity of flags is increasing a little bit, though.
I've posted the progress of the setup in my build thread.Please take a look at it if you want.
Ah...instant Reef tank but what fun is that
[/QUOT
Ah...instant reef tank without the growing pain!

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...instant Reef tank but what fun is that
The reef tank you make with a colony in it is called an "instant reef tank."Somewhat disdainfully;)

I'm new to this hobby and I'm enjoying it! After the first six months, I've learned a lot of things.
Sadly, instant leaf tanks are common in Japan.Most coral sales are in colonies.In the US, the wonderful style of growing from flags is becoming more common (and that's better for the environment!)I'm interested in it too.
One thing I've learned in the past six months is that the flag tank culture is gradually increasing in Japan as well.

I'm looking forward to enjoying both the wonderful beauty of the colony and the fun of growing flags! Be nice!

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef tank you make with a colony in it is called an "instant reef tank."Somewhat disdainfully;)

I'm new to this hobby and I'm enjoying it! After the first six months, I've learned a lot of things.
Sadly, instant leaf tanks are common in Japan.Most coral sales are in colonies.In the US, the wonderful style of growing from flags is becoming more common (and that's better for the environment!)I'm interested in it too.
One thing I've learned in the past six months is that the flag tank culture is gradually increasing in Japan as well.

I'm looking forward to enjoying both the wonderful beauty of the colony and the fun of growing flags! Be nice!
So sorry if it meant that way! By no means it’s a bad thing, just trying say it’s a different experience on both sides. If the prices over here for those size colonies are affordable, I won’t hesitate for a moment to buy them.

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry if it meant that way! By no means it’s a bad thing, just trying say it’s a different experience on both sides. If the prices over here for those size colonies are affordable, I won’t hesitate for a moment to buy them.
I'm sorry too. I think I've misunderstood you. I'm still not very good at English, lol.
Colonies aren't cheap in Japan either.It is painful in that sense.In my wallet.;)

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry too. I think I've misunderstood you. I'm still not very good at English, lol.
Colonies aren't cheap in Japan either.It is painful in that sense.In my wallet.;)
It’s funny because when I read your post I can hear my ex girlfriend voice (she is from Japan) and when you write flag instead of Frag it makes me smile,, miss her,, she couldn’t ever say Peanut butter always came out pe@&s butter lol

OP
OP
Takaki1980

Takaki1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny because when I read your post I can hear my ex girlfriend voice (she is from Japan) and when you write flag instead of Frag it makes me smile,, miss her,, she couldn’t ever say Peanut butter always came out pe@&s butter lol
I'll be posting a lot more to remember her!;)
But you could try calling her directly rather than reading my post!

Back