Frozen Bottle of Acropower - Issues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dugless
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I honestly think feeding fish and nitrate levels have less to do with coral health, at least in regard to the recirculated suggestions that are popular on forums lately. I’ve seen plenty of suggestions to feed fish more, but in my experience I’ve had great success in established setups with normal feeding amounts and terrible success currently when feeding up to 8-10 times a day in my young dry rock tank. I’ve boosted NO3 and PO4 with no positive results, instead my acros looked dry and some had burned tips.

I’m starting to think bacteria colonies play a larger role than we realize. When people reference a 1-2 year maturation before their acropora took off, I believe it is the time required for these bacteria colonies to stabilize and become a reliable food source for our corals. I think this is even more common with the heavy use of dry rock nowadays.
 
It is not necessary but recommended to refrigerate most supplements after opening bottle. In your case, would not pose an issue. Do remember to shake well before application.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new