Frozen food portioning?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BryanM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BryanM

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2024
Messages
8,936
Reaction score
11,014
Location
Morgan Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a pound of PE mysis, frozen, and I'm wondering how I deal with this "behemouth", since its not already cubed up... and I only need a very small amount right now.
 
If you Still have any of the cubes you can weigh the portion you were feeding on a gram scale. Then you can chop of chunks and weigh them.
 
I got a pound of PE mysis, frozen, and I'm wondering how I deal with this "behemouth", since its not already cubed up... and I only need a very small amount right now.
I cut a section into a weeks cubes same size with cleaver. I make it easy, once a week, then put them all in a baggy until needed.

The feeding size you need to judge.

Mines 1”x1”x1/4” just for PE.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new