Frozen Food rinse or no?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Venzzla
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Anything that is in the liquid your food is in is very likely to be in the food also.

I don't rinse. The amount of nutrients in the fluid is insignificant compared to what's in the food. I also think the smaller particles removed with rinsing are beneficial to the filter feeders in the tank.
I would agree, but how do we know what's in there. How do we know, precisely if it is beneficial at all
 
I would agree, but how do we know what's in there. How do we know, precisely if it is beneficial at all

If I don't have confidence in the maker, I don't buy their foods. I guess the point is, even if there is something harmful in the food, you don't really accomplish anything by rinsing other than making your self feel better about it. :D There are lots of foods that have been reliable for a long time with proven track records.

I use Hikari, PE and LRS brand foods and don't worry about their quality as I've used them for years.
 
I just throw around 3 cubes in the tank and it breaks up as the fish thrash around and then it jets all around with the circulation jets. Makes them work a little for the food! Lol

And has anyone ever filled their fish up, their just always hungry, or greedy!
 
No rinse club here either.

I thaw a chunk of LRS, a chunk of PE Mysis, and a couple spoons of reef chili in tank water for a couple minutes, then dump right in.

My corals would be very upset if I rinsed all the extra small particles down the drain.
 
I have been rinsing for last 6 years ... obviously we will not see clear direct sign of rinsing (as I feed heavy and food/ fish poo was providing the nutrition for the LPS corals) ...

Every post here said do not rinse, I will stop and see for couple of weeks.
 
I feed Piscine energetics mysis bulk packaging. You absolutely must rinse it, it’s full of oils, fats ect and dumping it all into tank was causing major issues.

I also feed rods and don’t rinse.
 
I rinse too. Same thinking and worey my NO3 wud aky rocket if I do not remove the juices ...

But wonder why PE would put all those materials only needing users to rinse and throw?
 
I s33. What is your tank size and water change regimen?
 
I don't rinse.
Actually, I hold the cube in my fingers. My female clown eats from my hand. If I were to drop it in she would take the whole thing. I have to pull it out and it melts some and dip it back in. Sometimes I put it on the intake of a powerhead and it disperses all over the tank.
For me, it's quality time with the fish. LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new