• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FT: Tyree Bazooka Joe Chalice

scottyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well to make a long story short i have too many Bazooka Joes in my tank for one person ( 2 mini coloines and one frag now) So I figured i would put this guy up and test the water for possible trades so guys and gals show me what you got to trade.
Be warned this is a very high prized and highly priced coral that if i wuld sell it on ebay i would fetch around $350 +/-. But i am not asking for money because i am a nice guy and i am only looking for cool stuff.

The Frag its about 1" and has full lineage back to John Dakan of yourreef in Roseville, CA
IMG_2987.jpg

The Mother ( this is johns mother colony not mine)
yhst-63575161494219_2074_11718257.jpg

The History
The Bazooka Joe Watermelon Coral is a new morph or flavor of the Watermelon variety of Echinophyllia-like LPS stony corals. What defines a Watermelon Coral ? They are defined as thick plating and massive medium large polyped stony corals that have the following basic color pigmentations. On the main surface of the coral there are bright pink or red pigments. The outer leading growth edge of the coral develops a bright green coloration. The corallite centers or eyes are bright green to bright yellow and they contain additional dots or spots of pigmentation. The original Watermelon along with the Red Watermelon Coral had relatively smooth surfaces that did not develop large protruding corallites. This new Bazooka Joe morph of Watermelon develops large round protruding corallites. There are also more blue pigments that occur on the main surface inbetween the pink/red pigmentation. The main parent colony has also developed very dense concentrations of corallites in the center. I acquired its seed fragment of this coral from John Dakan of YourReef.com located in Roseville California. John originally acquired this incredible coral from Rich Stephens (Sand Dollar) during the summer of 2006. When Rich had initially purchased the coral 9 months earlier, it was not fully colored. Rich noticed however that the coral had unusual raised corallites and there was the potential for the development of colorful pigmentation. The Bazooka Joe Watermelon began to more fully colorup after Rich maintained the coral under 400 watt XM 20K metal halides.
I am located in Roseville,CA 95678
Thanks for looking
Scott

OP
OP
scottyreef

scottyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh i forgot to list what i want in trade i am looking for a nice sized purple monster, Icefire echinata, a large Oregon tort, a good size $500 efflo, jesus stag and mystic sunset monti

OP
OP
scottyreef

scottyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be also interested in a 24" aquactinics tx5 (with bulbs or no bulbs) if so i would add either Tyree pink lemonade or a mini colony of ATL Cherry Jubilee Chalice

OP
OP
scottyreef

scottyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i don't know but if i did they got to be very very nice. so post what'ca got and we will see

snk713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mother colony might be one of the prettiest corals I've seen online

fatcasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tort were you interested in? Large as in golfball size mini colony, or baseball?

OP
OP
scottyreef

scottyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a size that would be a fair trade for this coral i am very fair its hard to say a size beacuse orgegon tort grow differently for every one. I mean i can break it into 3 eyed frags but i really don't think people what such a small frag

fatcasey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds reasonable, if you want to give me a little to heal a piece I'm very interested. I can break something and post pic soon

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size of Oregon Tort, I have a nice colony that I would be willing to frag some and trade...PM me if you want. This was before the ORA came out.

Grant

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back