Fu Manchu lion fish

melonballer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has experience with these guys in a reef tank, I have a 34 gallon with a manderian goby and a tail spot blenny. I saw one of these guys on the web and was amazed, so are they that aggressive, I was thinking if I got a real small baby it would be less likely to eat my fish. Any advice, thanks.

P.s. This is my first post.

TheWhiteFord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will probably eat your fish, and they are one of the hardest lionfish to get eating non-live food

Robertchrisroph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you here.. Well this lionfish gets a max of 4 whole inches.. Is semi-aggressive lol. Whatever that means. I think it's worth a try. Go for it. Let us know how it works. Wonderful looking fish to get

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are super cool, but difficult to take prepared foods, and can eat any fish the size of their own body or smaller, but are a cooler fish than what you have, so trade out the mandarin and have a fu manchu, a fuzzy dwarf, and either a waspfish or a leaffish.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mandy would be safe from a Fu as well. Their mouth doesn't open wide like the other lions. I don't know anything about a tail spot blenny, so I won't even speculate. I wonder what the OP ended up rolling with, as it was some time ago.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back