Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give your fish more water to drink:p

This is with a auto water change. I have fat fish, time to put them on a reduced diet:D:D

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is with a auto water change. I have fat fish, time to put them on a reduced diet:D:D
You need a fishy treadmill ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home today after 24 hours of dosing the NeoNitro, as directed I did a NO3 test and..... I have nitrates :) Not much but still some, around 1-2 PPM.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nitrates :)
images

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kp1991 I just tested it as I forgot and it's back up to 1.024. I'll continue putting salt in my ATO and let it come up gradually :)

On another note, I found a flatworm in my tank after I did my tests and was cleaning the glass. That is only the 2nd one I have seen, 1st one in this tank. Other was in the 90. Might be why acros won't grow in my tank.
Could be trying to eat your polyps so they retract and stress out and wont grow dang worms and thats good that your sg is finally rising that dkh worked for me just gotta watch the evaporating effect then your sg rises too much but if your doing routine water changes and dont live in a humid climate it shouldnt be to bad but man i had my sg easily reach 1.029 in my 10g i about died my fish did not appreciate that at all now i do weekly parameter checks [emoji4]

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to get some of that then :) Thanks ! !
I would take caution dosing too much of that stuff might get some lovely algae blooms with the increased nitrogen levels dang green hair algae loves that stuff its like crack for them...but in moderate doses im sure itll help stabilize

kp1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I just wanted to get some nitrates in the tank. It's been basically nonexistent for at least a month and I know that's not good either :)
True you need nitrates that is essential for a healthy tank hope all goes well... hows your ammonia and nitrite levels because arent the nitrifying bacteria supposed to be present to convert nitrite into nitrates thus to provide nutrients for themselves so ive read in my research. Im sure they are fine just curious i enjoy learning from other peoples experience

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
algae blooms with the increased nitrogen levels dang green hair algae loves that stuff its like crack for them.

I have an ammonia badge in my tank and it's never been anything but 0. I don't worry about nitrites
Good point I had a explosion of hair algae the past 3 weeks ...in the sump that is. the tank still barely registers No3 BTY what did you come up with for dosing amount and what is your reading?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy I only dosed the one time about 95ml and the results 24 hours later was 1-2 nitrates. I haven't tested it yet again. I wanted to let it go a few days and see where it goes. I'm not too worried about it going higher right now as I used to have between 15-20 in the 90g. I used the water from that tank and it was 10 at the start. Without anything besides the skimmer, they came down to 0 in a month. I must have some anaerobic bacteria in my rock that really went to town on it. I doubt there be any left when I test again. I need a new NO3 test kit as mine expired and I don't really trust it. I got a SeaChem test but I hate that one. I need to get another RedSea kit.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried Salifert no reading, Red-Sea=2, and Elos=2, and the elos test is super simple/quick. I would love to test 10ppm with the last 2 kits to really compare the two. Light Bulb!..I am going to test neo+rodi and see what I get. I got a feeling I will be testing No3 and Alk for the rest of this tanks life. If I can really trust the Elos that will be my go-to

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey -- I've got an interesting relationship with algae... I've noticed while increased no3/po4 can give you algaes, that's not necessarily a guarantee. Additionally, the algae that grows from nutrients is a thousand times better than the algaes that grow in low nutrient water... In my experience personally, and with friends... Bryopsis, Turf Algae, Dinos (not algae), cyano (also not algae) and other horrible things grow very well in nutrient free water -- as there's no regular algae out competing them.

Don't be afraid of a little nutrients. They're delicious.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a fishy treadmill ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious :rolleyes:

I was thinking about that, but getting the wide screen TV in the right position, there were protest before. Plus I was running out of bottle water all the time:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;Hilarious;Hilarious

I am going to check my nitrates today, The DT seems to be better with Algae with reducing feeding amounts.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that, but getting the wide screen TV in the right position, there were protest before. Plus I was running out of bottle water all the time:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;Hilarious;Hilarious

I am going to check my nitrates today, The DT seems to be better with Algae with reducing feeding amounts.
;Facepalm ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back