OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your parameters the only thing that I could see that could come down it the phosphates
I am running GFO, bio meda and cut back my feeding and I am running very low nutrients on purpose and for the next couple of days and I will bring them back up. I am running zero phosphate in with my corals are not happy.

I am running GFO and they have been coming down. I had them bottom out and all my corals got POd so I let them climb back up and everybody took a sigh of relief. I have had them around .04 since Aug. 12th .

The pump look like my AutoAqua ATO pump. Are you running kalwasser in you ATO?

I was to see if I liked it, I really didn't so I have not added anymore to it. I had added salt to it to raise my salinity back up as it dropped for some unknown reason to 1.0235 and I was not happy about that.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water flow pumps - (2) Koralia Evo 1150 (1 dead looking to replace with CoralBox QP-9+)
May not fit the budget but I really like the Octo pump

Bio - (2) Brightwell Xport-Bio plates
I pulled 1.5 gallons of marine pure out of mine per @jsker @najer & @mcarroll recommendations and the system has not missed a beat! TOO much de-nitrification, maybe try 1 at a time?

What ATO system are you using?
ATK with Neptune pumps, anyone know if they can be rebuilt? I must add that I liked running Kalk and everything was happy, When IT was Running!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATK with Neptune pumps, anyone know if they can be rebuilt? I must add that I liked running Kalk and everything was happy, When IT was Running!

That is the first time I have heard of a issue with the ATK pumps. I am thinking that a support ticket was started with Neptune?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking that a support ticket was started with Neptune?
I thought about it but the minuet I say Kalk in top off its game over. Now one of the pumps was brand new and only lasted a week so I am thinking of filing one for that one

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it but the minuet I say Kalk in top off its game over. Now one of the pumps was brand new and only lasted a week so I am thinking of filing one for that one

Some the reasons I switched to dosing AquaForest 1+2+3+, the sludge in the bottom for the reservoir even though it was being stirred, uncontrolled dosing amount, and it would seen that the grit in the Kalwasser would be hard on the pump. I mush say that I am still running the same pump after 30 months. :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk is messy but I really like the results I was getting from the chalices and sps

Now I see Ekoral flashing on the bottom of the screen so @Fudsey you going to take a shot on their controller discount? BTW we are Hi Jacking your thread :p

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a kalk reactor like Tunze's 5074 that isolates the kalk in a "mini still-reservoir". All your pump has to do (or Tunze's pump if you use their ATO....nice unit!!!) is feed the 5074 straight RODI water. (Or RODI spiked with some vinegar for "more oomph".)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk is messy but I really like the results I was getting from the chalices and sps

Now I see Ekoral flashing on the bottom of the screen so @Fudsey you going to take a shot on their controller discount? BTW we are Hi Jacking your thread :p

What you talking about @siggy???? I need a controller but for $900 I'd rather have the GHL

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another BIG Shoutout to Jess @Waterbox Aquariums for sending me another overflow lid (3rd times a charm) and this one made it in PERFECT condition ! ! !

Their customer service is second to NONE ! ! !

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not fit the budget but I really like the Octo pump

I pulled 1.5 gallons of marine pure out of mine per @jsker @najer & @mcarroll recommendations and the system has not missed a beat! TOO much de-nitrification, maybe try 1 at a time?

Ya I like those RO pumps too but the price is a little steep. The Plates are the only filtration I have in my sump besides skimmer and socks/floss.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you talking about @siggy???? I need a controller but for $900 I'd rather have the GHL
Ekoral has a promo something like 350 on a pack but you have to do a review in 15 days bla-bla-bla . I belive its in the contest forum FYI @WWIII is shooting for it.

eKoProCS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad they want you to send them 500 for the regular unit though and they "may" send you some money back if you do a review.
Hello, the eKoral PRO Starter Kit retails at $659.95, we knocked $159.95 off the price to encourage people to join in. If you provide a review, rest assured that we WILL refund you another $170. Seeing that you already have pictures of your setup, it's easy for you to enter. If you are looking for a controller, you could give it a shot.

Do you have some suggestions on promotion or contest? We can take in some advice for future events. Thank you!

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @eKoProCS just dropped the mic! Wait, let me get popcorn so I can watch.
200w.webp

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing against you @eKoProCS or your company. I just think that the cost for these units, not just yours, is exorbitant. I can build a pc for much less that has more power and can do tons more. I just don't see the justification in my wallet....

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 64 48.9%
  • Full frame

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back