OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just killing some Aip when I noticed this thing on the backside what's left of my Idaho Grape Monti. Any Idea's on what it is. I can't really get much better of a pic because of where it is. Ignore the Aip, I can't get that one yet. I do see some vertemid looking web near it but is that what it is? @Crabs Mcjones @KJ

hitchiker3.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey , I love your new avatar. On my iPhone, whenever you are online, the green online indicator makes it look like your Trachy is coming out of the avatar box. Maybe it really is moving.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fudsey , I love your new avatar. On my iPhone, whenever you are online, the green online indicator makes it look like your Trachy is coming out of the avatar box. Maybe it really is moving.
Cool ! ! ! :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's numbers:

NO3 - 2 (NYOS)
PO4 - .031 (Hanna)
dkH - 7.73 (Hanna)
Ca - 410 (RedSea)
Mg - 1430 (RedSea)
Sal. - 1.0245
pH - 8.2 (RedSea)

Pretty stable right now. Just have to see where this goes. I would love to add some sticks but my track record with them is dismal....

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's numbers:

NO3 - 2 (NYOS)
PO4 - .031 (Hanna)
dkH - 7.73 (Hanna)
Ca - 410 (RedSea)
Mg - 1430 (RedSea)
Sal. - 1.0245
pH - 8.2 (RedSea)

Pretty stable right now. Just have to see where this goes. I would love to add some sticks but my track record with them is dismal....

Stay patient. You have done a lot in a short time and it is working.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I couldn't stand it any longer. I found some peppermints at petco and I bought 4, all they had. I know it does seem like it may turn out to be a mistake but the aiptasia is driving me crazy. I have had good and bad luck in the past with them. We'll see if they can take care of them. Fortunately I have had good luck with this particular petco in the past. It is where I got my last 5 PJ Cardinals almost 6 years ago. And their tanks looked really great. I posted a pic in the "Good Morning" thread of their setup.

Hand feeding the clowns is hit or miss. Took a good bite from the male while I was feeding them tonight. She was fine but he actually jumped and bite the side of my thumb. No damage but the little evil bugger got me. I will continue to hand feed them and hopefully they will stop. Mean little effers.... ;) ;)

IMG_20180914_104312.jpg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it but the minuet I say Kalk in top off its game over. Now one of the pumps was brand new and only lasted a week so I am thinking of filing one for that one
ReefSpy on You Tube has had a bunch of issues with Neptune pumps. PMUPS mostly and I dont rememebr if Kalk was involved but he went through like 3 or 4.

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I couldn't stand it any longer. I found some peppermints at petco and I bought 4, all they had. I know it does seem like it may turn out to be a mistake but the aiptasia is driving me crazy. I have had good and bad luck in the past with them. We'll see if they can take care of them. Fortunately I have had good luck with this particular petco in the past. It is where I got my last 5 PJ Cardinals almost 6 years ago. And their tanks looked really great. I posted a pic in the "Good Morning" thread of their setup.

Hand feeding the clowns is hit or miss. Took a good bite from the male while I was feeding them tonight. She was fine but he actually jumped and bite the side of my thumb. No damage but the little evil bugger got me. I will continue to hand feed them and hopefully they will stop. Mean little effers.... ;) ;)

IMG_20180914_104312.jpg
Is it me or does it seem like Petco’s TRYING? Ive got 2 now down by me that I’d say are on par or better than the LFS’s nearbye.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or does it seem like Petco’s TRYING? Ive got 2 now down by me that I’d say are on par or better than the LFS’s nearbye.

I think ever since they acquired F&S they really have been trying more. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, just seems it.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I purchased 1 of the CoralBox QP-9+ pumps and it should be here Monday. I hope it's as nice as it looks online. Also all 4 Peppermints are still with us. They found a good place to hide out and made it through the night. Hopefully they will team up and kill these #$*&%!? aiptaisia.

I'm calling them my Candy Crew
lol.gif

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I purchased 1 of the CoralBox QP-9+ pumps and it should be here Monday. I hope it's as nice as it looks online. Also all 4 Peppermints are still with us. They found a good place to hide out and made it through the night. Hopefully they will team up and kill these #$*&%!? aiptaisia.

I'm calling them my Candy Crew
lol.gif
My Peppermint consider the aiptasia their friends. Very frustrating. I also found out that the way I tried using Kalk on mine made them much worse. Sure, it killed the big ones, but it cause a bloom of small ones around it. I find that Aiptasia X is much better at controlling their population. Not perfect, but much better. It is definitely possible I didn't mix up the kalk correctly to make it work, so take that as you will.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My peppermints dont touch the aptasia either and i did get the right species. Im admittedly a heavy feeder so im quite sure theyre just not hungry enough to bother.

Bergia’s worked best. Pricey but after trying aptasiaX and 10 peppermints had I gone right to bergia it would have cost me about the same. And my wrasses never touched them.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back