Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ever since they acquired F&S they really have been trying more. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, just seems it.

I feel like chain pet stores are hit or miss. It tends to come down to who they hire to mind the fish area. If those hirees are knowledgeable and care, the tanks and animals look and do much better. My experience around me though is based mostly on their freshwater stock over the years. I never had issues with disease or die offs. Most do not have much or any saltwater.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tends to come down to who they hire to mind the fish area.
Totally ageee. Both keepers at the 2 PetCo’s i call good are clearly dedicated. One even brought in his own spare kessils for a frag system. He told me a while back that the regional managers didnt like it because he would make other stores look bad.
Anyway, i hope the improvement trend im seeing in MA/NH stores continues.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's parameters:

NO3 - 2
PO4 - .067
pH - 8.2
dkH - 7.39
Ca - 420
Mg - 1420

PO4 has rising so I figured it was time to change out the GFO/ROX as it was on full and was going up.

Also noticed a few less aiptasia today..... well whatdayaknow.... the Candy Crew seems to be doing something...
I have a few aip inside of my zoas so we'll see if they try to get those. If I loose a few zoas in the process NBD.

Few pics

LongNoseHawk6.jpg

Day111.jpg

And this guy has moved himself completely to the glass now, as you can see above. A couple days ago I moved him back a couple inches so I could scrape the glass, now I'll have to do it again...

Trachy32.jpg

That's a 6" ruler underneath him to give reference....

confused.gif
confused.gif

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's parameters:

NO3 - 2
PO4 - .067
pH - 8.2
dkH - 7.39
Ca - 420
Mg - 1420

PO4 has rising so I figured it was time to change out the GFO/ROX as it was on full and was going up.

Also noticed a few less aiptasia today..... well whatdayaknow.... the Candy Crew seems to be doing something...
I have a few aip inside of my zoas so we'll see if they try to get those. If I loose a few zoas in the process NBD.

Few pics

LongNoseHawk6.jpg

Day111.jpg

And this guy has moved himself completely to the glass now, as you can see above. A couple days ago I moved him back a couple inches so I could scrape the glass, now I'll have to do it again...

Trachy32.jpg

confused.gif
confused.gif

Candy Crew! I love it. Your Trachyphyllia is really trying to express it self in shape and movement. I think he is trying to convince me to buy one. Still resisting for now.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today's parameters:

NO3 - 2
PO4 - .067
pH - 8.2
dkH - 7.39
Ca - 420
Mg - 1420

Few pics

LongNoseHawk6.jpg

Day111.jpg

Trachy32.jpg

confused.gif
confused.gif
Well...it IS a Kardashian

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the CoralBox QP-9+ today and set it up. So far I like it. It has a little hum but barely noticeable. Might be cause it's new. It also has a bit of a confusing controller but after a bit of searching I found what each mode means. Right now I have it on pulse mode with a frequency of 85 (1-99) and flow of 12 (1-20). I think I am going to get another one for the other side of the tank and replace the Koralia which is constant.

I also have a question for those who might know better. #reefsquad

I have a softball size colony of Pompom Xenia that I want to remove before it gets much bigger but, will that cause a spike in nutrients? I know Xenia can use a ton of them and I am not sure completely removing it would be a good idea???

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a patch of xenia in the tank as well.
Every 2-3 month I take out as much as possible and what remains gets covered in epoxy.

Still, it returns every time again...
No nutrient problems though.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't post this one here, it's in September's pic contest thread but I'll add it here too

Trachy33.jpg

Been busy at work, so haven't had much time to catch up on the builds I follow.. But HAWT DAYYYUM...

That is an Awesome Picture! Tank is looking great Fuds.. Keep it up man!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back