OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Sticks to the glass, wow. Does it scrape off pretty easy?

Doesn't really "stick" to the glass but congregates around the rim at the waterline.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank looking? Clearing up?
Yes it is clearer. I just thought it would be even more so... Sand still has some "stuff" on it and I am unsure what it is now. Might be dinos that were under the cyano after all. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow, everything will look even better. If not, Guess I'm back to dosing Vibrant.....

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last 8 hours IME was when things made a huge improvement. I sat there for 36 hours thinking what a waste of time to was and then the magic happened. Stay tuned!

TRUE THAT!

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used this Chemiclean and am very curious about the result.
Did you add any extra air stone/pump?
Yes, I added a 6" airstone too the tank.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it look?

He is either staring in awe at a sparkly tank, or sobbing uncontrollably in the corner sucking his thumb.

I’m anxious to hear!

Very true. I guess staring in awe at a sparkly tank.

Update please we are excited for good news

Dilly Dilly

What they said! ;)

Not as good as I hoped..... Sand still has stringy stuff on it. All my Euphyllia are mad as crap. 2 frog spawn, torch and hammer completely retracted in. BTAs are completely sucked in. Zoas all closed. Decided to stir up the sand, blow off all rocks and corals and do 20 gallon water change. Completely frustrated with this tank and I'm thinking I need to do something drastic. I feel like @revhtree did when his tank was covered in dinos.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im Bummed out for you. Did you happen to kill the lights during treatment or run as usual? Not sure I ever saw how Rev actually got past the Dino’s but get a fresh set of numbers tomorrow and see where things stand.

I ran the lights as usual. Skimmer is still bubbling like crazy. Not over flowing just putting out tons of bubbles into the output so sump is full of bubbles. If I do it again, I'll kill the lights for the 48 hours too. Just not sure what is left is cyano. Really need to get it identified by a microscope. I'll see how the tank looks after work tomorrow and maybe take a sample of the algae.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly typical for the bubbles to remain another day or so even after the water change.

I normally kill the lights while treating. Ive read of people doing it either way but to me it just seemed logical. No wrapping the tank or anything crazy. Just lights out.

Keep yoyr chin up. I tested almost 50ppm nitrate, .4 PO4 and alk at 6.6dkh. No wonder the trachy hates me!!

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while and I just skimmed. Sorry to hear your troubles...

I have to ask, do we feel like it's possible the cyano was a result of the vibrant dosing? Or are they in fact dinos?

I got my vibrant 3 weeks ago and still havent pulled the trigger. Mostly because of horror stories I've heard of the downstream side effects following a stripped system.

Keep the faith bud. Ur tank still looks great even with red hawaiin volcanic sand ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back