OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 Those are the sunny ds and they never waned during the dinos, it's the others that you really can't see that are coming back slowly. :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's what I have had to do. Because the tiger conchs keep knocking over my green trumpet, I resorted to using one of @bubbaque 's hd tiles to mount it to. Took the trumpet out and glued it to the 4x4 travertine tile. Then buried the tile in the sand. Let's see those darn tigers knock it over now...

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's what I have had to do. Because the tiger conchs keep knocking over my green trumpet, I resorted to using one of @bubbaque 's hd tiles to mount it to. Took the trumpet out and glued it to the 4x4 travertine tile. Then buried the tile in the sand. Let's see those darn tigers knock it over now...

How are they tackling the job tho? Looking any better?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my new algae scraper from my LFS. I had him order me a Hammerhead. Man is this thing a lot harder to push around than my old magfloat... :eek::eek:

I was finally able to scrape the coralline off the front and side glass and it looks so much better now ;)

Zoas look almost back to normal now too :)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Fudsey,

Was the above... :rolleyes: a good call for dino's?

Thanks, Freddie

In my case, I think it was. This along with dry skimming and letting nutrients raise up quite a bit did the trick. Dinos are basically gone and zoas are back, GSP is also back. 2 out of 3 Nem splits still looking stressed but I am unsure why. Each of their foots are planted and don't look to be trying to release at all. Nutrients are a little high but not excessive. I don't think they are in a good flow position and are getting a bit too much, but how do you change that without moving the powerheads and messing up the rest of the tank???

Today's parameters:

Sal - 1.025
pH - 8.2
NO3 - ~10
PO4 - .071
dkH - 8.18
Ca - 420
Mg - 1440

Although PO4 is a little high, everything else looks to be in a good place.

Found a few aip still surviving. Guess peppermints aren't doing their job any longer. Might have to look into a copperband. LFS has one but it's tiny and was getting beat up. I had him move it to a different tank and away from a Sohal tang that I think was picking on it. If he still has it on Thursday, I might get it if it looks better. We'll see.... ;)

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.... I'm kinda taking a break, I'm still around somewhat but posts maybe a little sparse here and else where. I'm getting burned out and have very little interest right now. Work is hectic and life is as well.

Tank looks good surprisingly enough. Came home after a 12 hour day and was surprised at how nice it looked. I've got more aip showing up and getting a little frustrated with them. Would like to add a copperband but I think the aips might be too big.

Will be around just need to get a little peace..... :(

FTS Day 260(today)

Day260.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.... I'm kinda taking a break, I'm still around somewhat but posts maybe a little sparse here and else where. I'm getting burned out and have very little interest right now. Work is hectic and life is as well.

Tank looks good surprisingly enough. Came home after a 12 hour day and was surprised at how nice it looked. I've got more aip showing up and getting a little frustrated with them. Would like to add a copperband but I think the aips might be too big.

Will be around just need to get a little peace..... :(

FTS Day 260(today)

Day260.jpg

I'll take a ride up north and bring beer and aptasia x. We will have a round of "pin the goop on the ap" . Haha

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how bad she can be. Every time I feed, I do so by hand. 3 of my fish, longnose hawk, canary blenny and Melanarus will eat out of my hand, she'll bite me. I put my long coral feeder, thin turkey baster, in the tank to grab some chunks to give to the nems and she attacks the end of it. I use it to shoo her away and she knows it and just started biting the end of it while I was holding it near her.....

CLOWNS ARE EVIL ! ! ! !

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back