Fully customize Neptune Trident's test schedule

NICK NODINE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever wish to have more control on when Trident do its tests? It's not obvious from Fusion UI, but it's actually possible.

Trident is simply controlled as couple outputs like other Apex output. It's only a matter of finding those output, then you can program it however you like the same as programming a light. These need to be done on a browser, not in the phone app.

First need to determine the Trident's module number. Go to the Modules page. For me, it's 6.
1877790-d56a10b2d3c4dca8099e30a46e48ce3a.png

Then go to edit any outlet of a power bar, you will get to the Output Configuration page, with URLof something like https://apexfusion.com/apex/<id>/config/outputs/2_1. (Local Apex works too, don't have to be fusion)
The last part is <Module>_<Outlet Number>. For Trident, the combine test, is the 3 output. The alk test is the 4 output. So for example, when I go to https://apexfusion.com/apex/<id>/config/outputs/6_3, it is the one that control combine test. You will see some OSC code there, reflecting your selected schedule. Now simply change it using normal Apex code, just turn on that output for 1 minute to kick off the test. This is what I have.
1877795-9e002439dfdb98119d8a7757820ec936.png

That's it, pretty straightforward. For example, to have alk tested twice a day, ca and mg tested for once a day, you will turn on Trident test once, which test all three, including alk. Then turn on alk one more time later to test for the second time.

I found the most useful time for the test is once right before the lights are on, and once after the lights are off. They're usually the highest and lowest point of alkalinity if dosing is constant 24/7.

BTW, I think it goes without saying, I have no idea any implication might cause from this, so use at your own risk.
I can not seem to find how to configure outputs. Any help would be great.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not seem to find how to configure outputs. Any help would be great.
Basically you lookup your trident module number, then in Fusion desktop click on any outlet. Then change the last number in the URL to match, ie:

My Trident is 5_1, so I change this to:

5_4 for the alkalinity test
5_3 for the combined test

77eran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your Trident fault red light is on since your custom programming?
Mine is on but no alarm on app…

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What schedule do you run with trident and for how long now and how’s it working for ya?
The reagents are sold with the default ratio of usage in mind (double the Alk reagent). So if you want to keep up with that, I’d stick to a 1:1 ratio for combined:Alk. That said, I’m just doing 1 combined test a day at 6am. I really can’t find much use for more than one test a day with my setup. However, that means I’ll always end up with a surplus of Alk so I should probably just do 1:1. What I wouldn’t do is run more Alk tests than 1:1 or you risk running out/behind on Alk reagent.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you control the Calcium reactor via trident results???
The solenoid for CO2 injection is turned on and off based on the test results.
Sorry for the LATE LATE LATE reply.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solenoid for CO2 injection is turned on and off based on the test results.
Sorry for the LATE LATE LATE reply.
Here is my programming for the CO2 solenoid outlet.
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output 1RETURN2_2_2 = OFF Then OFF
If CARXpH < 6.00 Then OFF
If CARXpH > 7.00 Then ON
If pH_Tnk < 7.85 Then OFF
If Output CaRx-Limiter = ON Then OFF
Defer 030:00 Then OFF

The Limiter, which is a Virtual Outlet, programming is.
OSC 005:00/240:00/000:00 Then ON
If Output CaRx-Maximum = ON Then OFF

The Maximum, another Virtual Outlet, programming is.
Set ON
If Alkx5 > 9.30 Then OFF

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A write-up on controlling your CaRx via Neptune Trident is here.

There are others.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if anyone updates to 5.06 2B22 without issue please let us know :)
I'm on this version and will be testing as I've always wanted to change this.

Here's the change log I'm reviewing now.

mofebubi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever wish to have more control on when Trident do its tests? It's not obvious from Fusion UI, but it's actually possible.

Trident is simply controlled as couple outputs like other Apex output. It's only a matter of finding those output, then you can program it however you like the same as programming a light. These need to be done on a browser, not in the phone app.

First need to determine the Trident's module number. Go to the Modules page. For me, it's 6.
1877790-d56a10b2d3c4dca8099e30a46e48ce3a.png

Then go to edit any outlet of a power bar, you will get to the Output Configuration page, with URLof something like https://apexfusion.com/apex/<id>/config/outputs/2_1. (Local Apex works too, don't have to be fusion)
The last part is <Module>_<Outlet Number>. For Trident, the combine test, is the 3 output. The alk test is the 4 output. So for example, when I go to https://apexfusion.com/apex/<id>/config/outputs/6_3, it is the one that control combine test. You will see some OSC code there, reflecting your selected schedule. Now simply change it using normal Apex code, just turn on that output for 1 minute to kick off the test. This is what I have.
1877795-9e002439dfdb98119d8a7757820ec936.png

That's it, pretty straightforward. For example, to have alk tested twice a day, ca and mg tested for once a day, you will turn on Trident test once, which test all three, including alk. Then turn on alk one more time later to test for the second time.

I found the most useful time for the test is once right before the lights are on, and once after the lights are off. They're usually the highest and lowest point of alkalinity if dosing is constant 24/7.

BTW, I think it goes without saying, I have no idea any implication might cause from this, so use at your own risk.
Hello,
Someone with AOS 5.10 8A22 was able to do this? When i try to access to trident outputs as mentioned above I got a message error that I cannot access there.

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Someone with AOS 5.10 8A22 was able to do this? When i try to access to trident outputs as mentioned above I got a message error that I cannot access there.
I have latest aos and trident testing 1 combined and 1 alk daily

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back