Fungus on mandarin’s fin?

emilysreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and also new in the reefing hobby. I have a wonderful 32 gallon nano reef tank that’s been up and running for a little less than a year. All of my fish and corals are happy and thriving!
I have a beautiful mandarin goby who eats frozen food and pellets, but I’m a little worried about her. It looks like she has maybe snagged her fin on a rock and it looks like an open sore that has slowly gotten worse. She still eats great, is very active and doesn’t seem bothered at all. However, the wound has progressed closer to her eye and I’m worried for her well-being.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be, or what I could do to help her heal? I’ve attached a video of her. I’m keeping the tank super clean, and I even tried very carefully putting a small amount of iodine on the wound as instructed by my lfs, but it doesn’t seem to have done anything to help.
I would appreciate any advice or helpful suggestions, as I love this sweet fish and I’ll do anything to get her healthy again!

Last edited:

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and also new in the reefing hobby. I have a wonderful 32 gallon nano reef tank that’s been up and running for a little less than a year. All of my fish and corals are happy and thriving!
I have a beautiful mandarin goby who eats frozen food and pellets, but I’m a little worried about her. It looks like she has maybe snagged her fin on a rock and it looks like an open sore that has slowly gotten worse. She still eats great, is very active and doesn’t seem bothered at all. However, the wound has progressed closer to her eye and I’m worried for her well-being.
Anyone have any ideas what it could be, or what I could do to help her heal? I’ve attached a video of her. I’m keeping the tank super clean, and I even tried very carefully putting a small amount of iodine on the wound as instructed by my lfs, but it doesn’t seem to have done anything to help.
I would appreciate any advice or helpful suggestions, as I love this sweet fish and I’ll do anything to get her healthy again!
i cant see the picture, can you upload pngs or jpegs or something like that.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back