Fungus or sponge?

christinna77

Tilefish Mom
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
1,436
Location
Vancouver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this about a month ago on one of my zoa frags. I removed the frag, dipped it in Revive, and scrubbed the rock clean. That seemed to work for around two weeks, but it's back now and spreading onto my other zoas, slowly covering the rock. What is this, and how do I get rid of it?

PXL_20250921_002325816.jpg


PXL_20251027_173650667.jpg


PXL_20251027_173640915.jpg
 
looks like sponge to me. manual removal, or angels may eat it.
 
looks like sponge to me. manual removal, or angels may eat it.
Thank you! It was actually pretty hard to scrub off the first time around, so I figured it might not be fungus. I run a high nutrient system and have had an explosion of pineapple sponges in my sump, so I guess this is just a different kind of sponge.
 
Looks like a sponge to me!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new