Fungus, sponge, basal mat regrowth?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
1,042
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a wild colony in, it’s been in the tank for about 4 days. Does this seem consistent with fungal or sponge growth, or necrosis? (Note: this is the first polyp to have opened since arriving)

The colony is rather delicate, so I’m trying to remain hands off if I can. Thanks
IMG_8616.jpeg
IMG_8614.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new