Funny story….

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im scrolling through instagram. Follow a page that posts scary things. They were showing off a niger trigger. People in the comments were losing their mind, yelling about spray painting the teeth, how its the most poisonous fish ever, its a devil fish, and my personal favorite, the guy yellin in all caps in the comments about them being racist and using the N word!! I was like actually its called a Niger trigger and let me tell you about my sweet boy who is one of my friendliest fish…. LOL thought I would share with fellow fish people who would find this funny as well! My sweet boy, Grunt:

IMG_1977.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should tell you about this niger trigger at my LFS that drew blood from everyone, killed numerous fish and would even attack the glass whenever I ventured near the tank. ******* racist fish! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should tell you about this niger trigger at my LFS that drew blood from everyone, killed numerous fish and would even attack the glass whenever I ventured near the tank. ******* racist fish! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
LOL you need to meet my guy! Great friendly trigger! Now my freaking clownfish on the other hand does that stuff to me all the time!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL you need to meet my guy! Great friendly trigger! Now my freaking clownfish on the other hand does that stuff to me all the time!
Sounds like the wet equivalent of a golden retriever. I'd love to have a trigger in my tank - I'm just leery about getting an a**hat fish that I can't catch to remove.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the wet equivalent of a golden retriever. I'd love to have a trigger in my tank - I'm just leery about getting an a**hat fish that I can't catch to remove.
Mine is pretty easy to catch, he likes to be “scratched” too when Im feeding him! I observed my dude at the store with other fish and decided to take him home. He almost busted out of the double bag in a 10 minute drive… then literally ripped the slats for ventilation off my acclimation box to free himself and was throwing a fit, grunting, spitting and splashing! I was like oh god what the F did I just put in my tank haha. But Ive had him 5 months now never terrorized another fish except for Nix my purple tang, but Nix likes to push his buttons and Grunt never hurts him! Well worth it!

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never underestimate the ability of people to adopt stupidity as truth due to social contagion.

People would rather be sheep than correct. Don't tip the cart. Doesn't matter how insignificant or important the issue.
Yuppp only one I corrected was the “racist” one and told him thats the name of the fish… guy then quickly stopped yelling at everyone and calling them names! This is exactly why I never use social media anymore… just here with the fish peeps

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of like vegan cats, lol.
We all know who's making that choice. I have a coworker with a doberman. He's quite a bit underweight. Their vet told them he's not a vegan and needs protein. So they added alfalfa pellets to his meals and looked for a new vet. New vet says the same thing.

They then actively sought a vet who pushes these diets on dogs. He found one and I'll give one guess as to which state it's in.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know who's making that choice. I have a coworker with a doberman. He's quite a bit underweight. Their vet told them he's not a vegan and needs protein. So they added alfalfa pellets to his meals and looked for a new vet. New vet says the same thing.

They then actively sought a vet who pushes these diets on dogs. He found one and I'll give one guess as to which state it's in.
If I had to guess it would be California...

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you would be spot on.
Wow that makes me mad as a dog owner. And Im in Colorado, which is slowly becoming like Cali every day and thats terrifying!!!

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that makes me mad as a dog owner. And Im in Colorado, which is slowly becoming like Cali every day and thats terrifying!!!
Yeah it makes me rage. His dog has low energy, bad skin, low muscle mass and I'm sure many other problems. Dude even agrees. You can see it in his eyes. But he ain't flinching because of the value in his social circle with his dog being "vegan".

I have a giant schnauzer that out-weighs his dobie by almost 30lbs. They are different breeds but similar sized. The dogs are the same age and similar frames. His is just malnourished. Someone needs to save that dang dog.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it makes me rage. His dog has low energy, bad skin, low muscle mass and I'm sure many other problems. Dude even agrees. You can see it in his eyes. But he ain't flinching because of the value in being vegan.
Place a bowl of vegetables and a bowl of steak, and see which one the dog goes for first. My dog would eat the steak, all the vegetables then start rummaging through the garbage, lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back