Future of VHOs?

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious if anyone has any opinions on aquarium VHO tubes and if they are going to be available for the distant future. I found an old thread on a different forum saying that VHO would be around till at least 2020, but has that changed? The reason I'm asking is I recently got a deal on a used PFO lighting hybrid VHO/MH fixture. So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to convert it to use T5s instead of the VHOs, but not sure if its worth doing or not in the long run. I thinking so far I only have room to replace one VHO tube with one T5 tube instead of two.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was curious if anyone has any opinions on aquarium VHO tubes and if they are going to be available for the distant future. I found an old thread on a different forum saying that VHO would be around till at least 2020, but has that changed? The reason I'm asking is I recently got a deal on a used PFO lighting hybrid VHO/MH fixture. So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to convert it to use T5s instead of the VHOs, but not sure if its worth doing or not in the long run. I thinking so far I only have room to replace one VHO tube with one T5 tube instead of two.
I’d convert to t5 if you have the skill set.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back