Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too didn't mean to start anything.

But it seems we are starting at the wrong place, I think we should set a reasonable fee and get some paid members so we can start officially voting on things. Even when we get this all set up, we should give people a month to join b4 voting on things. So we have plenty of time to think of what to vote on. We need an OFFICIAL list of members.

Like some others said, having a locked forum to keep out lurkers, or people just here not really interested in the real club, would help.

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys, seriously. This whole thing is making me wish I just started a club with a couple of you that I know without asking any input. When it was posted that we were going to have a meeting to hash out the by-laws, only 10 were interested out of almost 30 that want to join. The vast majority do not care about the nuts and bolts to get this started. This has to be done with a small group of volunteers. If you want to be a part, that's great. If not and you don't like the decisions we make, simply don't join the club. I see now the new thing is to not read all the other posts on this formal club before posting in a thread like this. Please catch up before spouting your opinion as we're well beyond most of this.

This whole thread got derailed from what Dave originally posted.

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i do under stand about what happened to wrs and i was a member when it happened....sorry but im not a d i c k.....but i do under stand every ones concern about a site lock if it was under a personal site or atleast on some one elses bill....i could still keep working on building a site then transfer every thing to the sites host when its picked....i vote for fatcow.com...i love there suport.....hech they even called me 3 days after i started my site to ask me if there is any thing they could do to help....yeah thats right...they called me...a real person to talk to...they even have live help chat....

ill keep on building like i said and i could use what i have to try new things out to see if it will work befor transfering to the club site so all the bugs are worked out befor its set for users to use....aka making it trouble free....there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes....

how about a name???

can we use the bata site for that??? i could post a pole for that on there...keep in mind you would have to be a member to vote on there.....yeah i know a nother member name to remember...ill beable to see all the members that sign up to the beta site and if i dont reconize one of them i will delete it from the site.

so please use your user name that you have here on there!!!!

any thoughts on that?

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if any one cares...i posted a thread on the BETA SITE

Login

now remember you will have to become a temp member to vote and if i havent seen your name on here then i will delete the user...just trying to keep only current fvrc members posting on there at this time....

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave, nothing but love for ya man, but the name has to wait until we get dues so actual members can make that very important decision. I'm sorry I have not been able to post the details of our meeting, but that's going to be a long post and I haven't had the time to do it yet. That post will clear up a lot of the back and forth bickering that has shown up on this thread and keep us on track.

For what it's worth, I value your opinion and ideas. I think you can help make our site a great one, but as we discussed at the meeting, there's just too much risk with a member having full control of the website and all its contents and archives. That site is the club, and even though I have no doubt you're a stand up guy, we just can't risk it.

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok then what is Rev to reef 2 reef...he is the admin and he has mods to help him out....some one has to have controle and others need to help....why not have people in the club do that....?

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i guess i will take down the beta site and let you all spend money on other second party people who just give a rats butt about cash and not on doing what they love to do

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thread closed per OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back