Gangster Fish Video

Chetrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 year old Maroon Clown not exited about rock placement. The clownfish also doesn't allow for new fish to be added without her approval. Turns out her approval is expensive so I decided not to add any fish or anemones since she's killed 4 anemones, and like 7 fish already. I love the fish but hate the fact that nothing can be added. At a loss as to what I can do with her. She's a large size and considered adding a male but only to think she will kill it.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

Man I feel for you. My clown used to do the same thing "nope you're not putting that coral there, or there".

How does she react when your hand goes into the tank?

OP
OP
Chetrod

Chetrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

Man I feel for you. My clown used to do the same thing "nope you're not putting that coral there, or there".

How does she react when your hand goes into the tank?

Usually stays away from my hand but, When i would use a toothbrush to clean the rocks she would attack it. Also any fish additions if not approved by her ends in death. So for years I have been unable to really add any fish. SMH Love the fish but I want to add more fish and she might have to go. She also killed 4 anemones and about 7 fish. My goniopora stays closed a lot cause she thinks its an anemone.

OP
OP
Chetrod

Chetrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried putting her in the sump for a while when you add new fish. Just an idea.
Put her in the Refugium its a 40 gallon she was in there for a month. Added a few fish all was good. Felt bad brought her back to the DT and she killed one green Chromis and the copper band butterfly that same day. I was ticked to say the least. Even thought of buying her a male and leaving her back there but I fear she will just kill him. Menopause I guess LOL!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the lifespan of a maroon clown? I've had mine for at least 7 years.

Oh you do not get off that easy. I have heard of Maroons living to 21 years of age in captivity. :p

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back