Gauging interest on juvenile cuttlefish

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one year lifespan is accurate and they would already be perhaps 4 months old when purchased that definitely would be a turn off for me at any price.

squidarcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've always been super appealing to me but I've always been told you have to keep them in a species tank. Are these really suitable for a tank with fish?
They're definitely a species-only thing, but a group of 3 would be fine in a 40-55 gallon tank so you don't need a really massive tank. They also don't nip at corals.

fishermanPhil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd pay $100 for a juvenile. I know that for the lifespan it may seem pricey but they are quite hard to find especially at the juvenile age when they're eating frozen.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a breeding system for sepia bandensis, the most aquarium-friendly cuttlefish!! They are easy to keep and max out at about 4 to 5 inches at adult size. They live about a year and would be ready for their own tanks at about 3-4 months, when they’re about two inches long. I’m trying to figure out how popular these would be if locally for sale (I work in a LFS so customers will be available)! If you saw these for sale locally would you buy one?? How much would you expect to pay?? Please let me know what you all think- also if you’re local (Florida) keep your eyes peeled because in a few months I could have some ready for new homes!
Why do they only live for a year? Is that natural span or because in an enclosed enviorenment?

OP
OP
rlkilwil

rlkilwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do they only live for a year? Is that natural span or because in an enclosed enviorenment?
It’s because that’s their natural lifetime! They really only live a year or so, just long enough to reproduce! It’s a shame for owners to only have them for a year, but it’s wonderful when people are really dedicated to their specific needs!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back