GBTA getting small

kai hen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this GBTA a few days. and it hiding on the dark side of rock. and getting small. I fed it once. some people say it will come out few days late but I am worry about it because it is getting small. help please~
ane1.jpg
ane2.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make certain that it is or is not attached. If not, physically move it to a better location. Turn down, not off, flow. If it has attached. Let it be for a while. If after a period it has not moved you can try and detach it with some very cold DT water, chilled in the freezer, and direct slowly, with a large syringe or turkey baster, at the base of the Nem to get it to detach and then move it to a better location.
Could you tell us about your system? How long has it been up and running? What corals are present? What are your parameters? We need more info to help make better suggestions.

OP
OP
kai hen

kai hen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make certain that it is or is not attached. If not, physically move it to a better location. Turn down, not off, flow. If it has attached. Let it be for a while. If after a period it has not moved you can try and detach it with some very cold DT water, chilled in the freezer, and direct slowly, with a large syringe or turkey baster, at the base of the Nem to get it to detach and then move it to a better location.
Could you tell us about your system? How long has it been up and running? What corals are present? What are your parameters? We need more info to help make better suggestions.
almost 4 month and 20G AI26. TWO FLOW pump. CA 400 MG 1300 KH 7.9 NO3 0 OR 1 PO4 0.04. TI am using AI 26 HD 9 inch above water. UV 118 V 110 RB 80 B 80 R 5 G 5 W 19HANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER
B3F638FE-C98C-4923-BB31-2F680CF55D25.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters look good. Tank looks awesome. BTA's usually like a well-established system to thrive. Not to say it cannot be done in a newer setup but that seems to be the trending theory. Why, exactly, is not quite understood. I waited 14 months before I elected to bring home my GBTA. Moved around a bit the first 14 days or so until it finally found its happy place. Let her ride for a bit, but if it continues to go downhill I would then intervene. It is possible that your system is just too new to support the needs of a BTA. My 2c.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters look good. Tank looks awesome. BTA's usually like a well-established system to thrive. Not to say it cannot be done in a newer setup but that seems to be the trending theory. Why, exactly, is not quite understood. I waited 14 months before I elected to bring home my GBTA. Moved around a bit the first 14 days or so until it finally found its happy place. Let her ride for a bit, but if it continues to go downhill I would then intervene. It is possible that your system is just too new to support the needs of a BTA. My 2c.
Now is this is a much more helpful and thought out response than "tank is too new."

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell too well from the angle of that pic. But Is the mouth is inside out? Unless that is the foot on the left of the anemone. Looks like the rocks are epoxy together so you can’t flip the rock around to check?

OP
OP
kai hen

kai hen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell too well from the angle of that pic. But Is the mouth is inside out? Unless that is the foot on the left of the anemone. Looks like the rocks are epoxy together so you can’t flip the rock around to check?
Yes. Her mouth.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest that you stop feeding the BTA. Did you light acclimate it to your tank? It might come back out once adjusted to the lights.

if it doesn’t get better then I would move your powerhead to point at the nem and direct it to move out.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and congrats. I would watch that hammer coral in front of it. It will potentially lose a head if the tentacles touch. I also doubt that will be its final mounting location.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back