GBTA hiding

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

I recently downsized my tank about three to four weeks ago and since I moved my anemone over he's been hiding under a rock, he's popped out a few times but I'm worried he will perish if he don't start coming back into the light. All my levels have and are good, 5ppm nitrate, 0.004 phos, Alk 8.0. 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia.

I kept all my live rock, brightwells brick, nitrate media etc so the tank did not cycle.

The only thing that changed was my lighting. But I'm scared to remove him in case it causes more stress.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he is just adjusting. It happened to my RBTA as well when first I added him. He was hiding then came out.

When I added my YBTA, he was not shy. So I guess it depends on the BTA.

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he is just adjusting. It happened to my RBTA as well when first I added him. He was hiding then came out.

When I added my YBTA, he was not shy. So I guess it depends on the BTA.
Reduce light intensity, and flow. Give him a couple of days. If he doesn't come out, get some indirect flow to his spot, he will comes out. Good luck.

OP
OP
becks

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he's slowly moving back out from the rocks into the light, either the stress from the tank move or adjusting to new lights. Dispite hiding for a few weeks he's still nice and colourful, I was worried he might not come back out the rock and starve but at the same time I did not want to cause any stress and move him myself

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he's slowly moving back out from the rocks into the light, either the stress from the tank move or adjusting to new lights. Dispite hiding for a few weeks he's still nice and colourful, I was worried he might not come back out the rock and starve but at the same time I did not want to cause any stress and move him myself
When I first got mine, it moved to the back of the tank. My flow was bouncing off the front of the tank. I repositioned the flow to the back and it immediately moved to the front. It was interesting watching it moved.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back