Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
ZomboMeme 15102020170244.jpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the greatest Reefing knowledge source on the internet. This forum is unmatched by any. Glad you found us, you will not only find all the information you can ever want , but will form life long friendships.
Ufc 205 Mma GIF by UFC
Bad timing on the t wood photo lol. He had a rough night not long after you posted that.

OP
OP
S

Strider90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the overwhelming number of replies. Nice to see the forum is actually active. I haven't got anything overly exciting in mine yet, I had heard these mantis shrimp aren't "reef compatible," so I'll be doing more reading before adding anything else in with him. At the moment it's just him and his rock.

How do you guys go with mixing your water? I was told that tap water can potentially contain copper, which is harmful to snails, shrimp and similar, and that RO water is the only way to do it. I had water delivered at first, just to ensure I got the best possible thing for the mantis to thrive in while I learn

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day all, I'm new here.
My name is Nathan and I recently got myself a marine tank, specifically for a peacock mantis shrimp. I've had freshwater tanks for a few years now, but after learning about all the features of a mantis shrimp, I made the jump. Any advice is welcomed. While I'm here, does anyone know how breeding works with them? Can you keep a male and female in the same tank, or do you only introduce them for a brief period to do the deed?
How often do you guys feed? I've heard once a day from some, once every 3 days from another. I feed mine almost daily, but fairly small shrimp/crays, maybe 1/5 his size. Is that too much? I don't want to overfeed and kill him
Hi Nathan and Welcome!

Glad you joined. Defer to others as never had a peacock mantis shrimp

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the overwhelming number of replies. Nice to see the forum is actually active. I haven't got anything overly exciting in mine yet, I had heard these mantis shrimp aren't "reef compatible," so I'll be doing more reading before adding anything else in with him. At the moment it's just him and his rock.

How do you guys go with mixing your water? I was told that tap water can potentially contain copper, which is harmful to snails, shrimp and similar, and that RO water is the only way to do it. I had water delivered at first, just to ensure I got the best possible thing for the mantis to thrive in while I learn
Yes RODI (another stage/canister after RO) is likely what you want. I'm happy with my particular RODI setup, details in my build thread - link below in my signature

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back