Gem Tang - White spot

MegabiteOG

<< HIT Squad's >> "Master Probater lvl 12.73”
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2025
Messages
2,627
Reaction score
12,519
Location
Dallas, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a white spot on me Gem Tang yesterday. It's acting normal with plenty of energy and eating well. No aggression from other fish, and all other fish look good. Is it something I should worry about or observe over the next few days? Here's a pic and video. Thanks for looking.

Here's a YT video link if it doesn't load for you. Tangs Eating

IMG_7950.JPG


 
Last edited:
How long have you had this fish in this tank?
 
How long have you had this fish in this tank?
About a month. Also, it looked like it had a smaller on on the other side yesterday and it went away.
 
Not a Medic here, however I would not be concerned. My Hippo frequently gets light patches on his head from time to time, usually occurring during feeding. They usually fade in a few hours. May be excitement, stress, or a minor scrape. Who knows, but the fish is eating machine, rapidly growing half menace who will Tail Swipe me and splash water out of the Tank.
 
Not a Medic here, however I would not be concerned. My Hippo frequently gets light patches on his head from time to time, usually occurring during feeding. They usually fade in a few hours. May be excitement, stress, or a minor scrape. Who knows, but the fish is eating machine, rapidly growing half menace who will Tail Swipe me and splash water out of the Tank.
Thanks. My Naso gets spots all over when he gets stressed and goes away as soon as he chills. This is a different. You may be right though. I will keep an eye and ask again if it gets worse.
 
Just to follow up and close this. The spot started lightening and now gone. Fish is looking great and no harm at all.
 
Last edited:

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new