Gen 5 fan speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time finding any publication on recommended fan settings. It appears out of the box it runs without fan until hot and then full speed until cool. When on full speed the fan is considerably more audible than Gen4s. Is there any guidance on settings to force fan to run continually or more often at a lower speed to reduce noice? Maybe ultimately a Mobius option to optimize for noise?

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a hard time finding any publication on recommended fan settings. It appears out of the box it runs without fan until hot and then full speed until cool. When on full speed the fan is considerably more audible than Gen4s. Is there any guidance on settings to force fan to run continually or more often at a lower speed to reduce noice? Maybe ultimately a Mobius option to optimize for noise?

AJ I cant say for certain but the fan is most likely louder than it is supposed to be. My fans going from being whisper quiet to pretty loud multiple times a day. Also they intermittently have an annoying rattle that is pretty rare but I have heard it on both of my 30s.

OP
OP
AJsReef

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AJ I cant say for certain but the fan is most likely louder than it is supposed to be. My fans going from being whisper quiet to pretty loud multiple times a day. Also they intermittently have an annoying rattle that is pretty rare but I have heard it on both of my 30s.
Same scenario here. Them seem to run at the same noise/speed regardless of settings. They seem to run about 60-70% of the time at 70% intensity and 72 degrees room temp.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back