General Cure Vs Prazipro

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just curious does anyone use General Cure over Prazi pro? I've heard General Cure can be used with Copper which has me thinking can I just start of my QT with both from now on to double down and speed up my QT process? Or is general cure just not as affective and prazipro is the better option? Curious on peoples thoughts. Thanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So just curious does anyone use General Cure over Prazi pro? I've heard General Cure can be used with Copper which has me thinking can I just start of my QT with both from now on to double down and speed up my QT process? Or is general cure just not as affective and prazipro is the better option? Curious on peoples thoughts. Thanks.
Regarding question, both can be although I prefer Not to mix.
What is it you are treating or trying to treat ?

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding question, both can be although I prefer Not to mix.
What is it you are treating or trying to treat ?
Just new fish that come in. Blue hippo atm looks to have mucus plugs but I do see some scratching / head shaking not very often and not rough scratching or shaking just slightly. So which makes me believe possible flukes. I got an angel in that passed the 2nd day in QT and im 100% positive it had gill flukes and they were in the same tank so prazi is in the tank atm. But I would like to start the 30 day copper treatment soon just incase there's something I am not seeing so which is why I have the question if both can be used to start covering ground of 30 day copper treatment.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just new fish that come in. Blue hippo atm looks to have mucus plugs but I do see some scratching / head shaking not very often and not rough scratching or shaking just slightly. So which makes me believe possible flukes. I got an angel in that passed the 2nd day in QT and im 100% positive it had gill flukes and they were in the same tank so prazi is in the tank atm. But I would like to start the 30 day copper treatment soon just incase there's something I am not seeing so which is why I have the question if both can be used to start covering ground of 30 day copper treatment.
If youve started Prazi, finish the 8 day interval, do a water change and apply one more 8 day interval and then do good water change and then go FULL 30 days with coppersafe or Copper Power at therapuetic level 2.25-2.5 using a reliable copper test kit to monitor and remember to monitor ammonia level and increase oxygen.
My concern with mixing both is Prazi reduces oxygen slightly and Copper reduces bacteria slightly affecting oxygen and appetite

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back