General for CUC for biocube 32?

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my biocube set up for a while, and currently for CUC have 4 hermits, one skunk cleaner shrimp, and one emerald crab (has no interest in bubble algae) old CUC died in a previous tank crash a while ago. I’m not struggling with any specific algae currently, there’s film algae, and some detritus always, but nothing substantial, not to say my tank is pristine, as there’s always some algae on the rocks. I’m interested in reef cleaners, and their packages, but I feel like they have so much in them, and most of the CUC would starve in my tank, even for the lowest size package they have. I’m looking for a general CUC to eat uneaten food, and general algae eaters for anything that might pop up, but I don’t want to overstock CUC for specific algaes and have them all starve. Anyone have good recommendations for CUC members and amounts?

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Like that reefcleaners stuff comes from fishless systems to eliminate certain diseases, but my last 2 orders has a lot of DOA. For a tank that size I’d just pick up blue legs, trochus, astrea, turbo, etc from your LFS as needed. It doesn’t sound like you have enough for a bib CUC right now anyway

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32 has about 10 snails, I dont like seeing too many snails in my tanks. They are a mix of nassarius, turbo, astrea, and I think a couple bumble bee's. Every 6 months or so I'll buy another 3-4 snails to replenish any deaths. No crabs in my tank. There's no algae in my tank, and I dont give any credit to snails for that.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back