General sps questions

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im just picking up a few frags tomorrow. Got some nice encrusting montis and probably some monti caps but there was one sps that caught my eye. Psammacora. It was a beautiful coral but I can't find too much information on it for some reason. I'm just wondering how much par they've thrived in and any special requirements

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can deal with anything a favia can deal with. Encruster like a favia too in a way. Sorta fluffy looking. Likes high flow and high light but usually I reserve those spots for corals I will enjoy more than a psammo.

In my experience they just don't reward the average reefer all that much. Tidal Gardens has some cool morphs but if I had to pick between a Psammo and a Leptastrea, I'd get a Leptastrea every time.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im just picking up a few frags tomorrow. Got some nice encrusting montis and probably some monti caps but there was one sps that caught my eye. Psammacora. It was a beautiful coral but I can't find too much information on it for some reason. I'm just wondering how much par they've thrived in and any special requirements
Spread fast and like wildfire. Will kill everything in its path. Isolate it or you will be sad...hardy and hard to kill. Even if you think you killed it, it will come back

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So aggressive gsp?

It can be aggressive and can spread fast. Having said that in the right spot I think they are awesome. Barebottom tank, back wall, overflow, isolated rock, etc.

They will grow in very minimal light and very minimal flow all the way up to extremely high light and flow(though will bleach if not acclimated to high light if coming from low light)

As far as killing them I have never had any issue whatsoever. Pumps off and thick kalk paste kills them pretty easy. If on the bottom or back glass can completely remove entire sections in seconds with a razor blade.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question. I got this rock with a mystic monti (encrusting) and a rainbow monti (encrusting). Once they grow will they start fighting or will they be ok together

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back