Generator question

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeoHawk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm sure it will work just fine for the items you listed and many more.
When they talk about dirty power, it's more about power that have tiny fluctuations in it. I believe the pure power would be considered sine wave power.

I have used my generac generator many times for everything in my house, including entertainment system, and computer and it doesn't produce the sine wave power.

Having a generator is a great feeling when your house power goes out and you crank up the generator and your tank has heat, circulation and lights.
That one may be a touch noisy, but only your neighbors will notice. lol
 
I agree that should be plenty of power , ironically my power went out a couple of days ago and I was walking in circles as I watched my temp drop into the mid 70s . As my luck would have it the local Home Depot only had one crap generator that I was not gonna waste my money on . In a mad rush I called a friend who had a 4000w max predator model and it worked great for my 2 heaters , large return pump and vortech MP40 (and a lamp) . The generator didn't flinch a bit ! I have known for years that I needed a generator for my tank and now it has to happen and I am in the search as we all no the thousands in live stock and hours upon hours of time we have in our tanks can't be jeperdised by a power outage .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new