Generator won’t restart after running earlier tonight

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job. Hopefully it will remind others reading this to get their generators out and start them up once in a while.

I keep extra plugs on my boat, with me while on the harley and at the race track.

OP
OP
andrewkw

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly was it, the spark plug?

I cleaned the clean air filter, used starter fluid and changed the spark plug. I’m pretty sure it was the spark plug but again I didn’t even know what a spark plug looked like a few days ago so who knows. I probably will still have it professionally serviced in the future and I’m going to make sure I have a better secondary backup as well.

Looks like everything is going to work out and the hard lessons were learned without loss of marine life.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The explosion was from the starter fluid. ;). It only takes a very quick shot.

Also I run seafoam thru all my small engines.

0e959f7f-d0ea-4543-9d72-e1e259f15298_1.e866b5e5740d1cba9647a62ff223ee6d.jpeg

Mr4000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember like TheOne said a very very quick shot of starting fluid. If you use too much it will lock the motor up and you will have to wait for it to evaporate, had this happen many times starting diesels in the winter and they lock up and won't turn over until enough starting fluid evaporates. Glad to hear you have it going, now just don't shut it off until you have power!!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I cleaned the clean air filter, used starter fluid and changed the spark plug. I’m pretty sure it was the spark plug but again I didn’t even know what a spark plug looked like a few days ago so who knows. I probably will still have it professionally serviced in the future and I’m going to make sure I have a better secondary backup as well.

Looks like everything is going to work out and the hard lessons were learned without loss of marine life.
Plus, don't forget to just use the gas shut off valve when you shut it off. Close the valve and just let it run until it dies on it's own. Makes re-starting so much easier

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back