Generic Wavemaker / Gyre Questions.

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, so I finally decided to upgrade from my 55g sumpLESS tank to a nice 90g dual overflow tank with sump.

I wanted to make a random flow pattern. Which I succeeded with.

My major concern is my fishes ability to swim.

Currently have 1 small Foxface, 1 small watchman goby, and a purple dart / fire fish.

Currently I have 2 Jebao 120m on opposite sides.
Then I also have 2 cheap eFlux wavemakers that are also placed on the sides but faced towards the back at an angle due to where the overflows are in each corner.

Currently I have my Gyres on lowest possible settings that ramp up and down. Alternating where the "crash" takes place. However I do worry I may have too much flow with 4' x 24" x 18" tall tank.

Any thoughts?

Sand moves very minimal so that seems a plus. Torches are bigger than every as well.

Just slightly worry about the fish.

Any thoughts?

Also jebao wifi compatibility does not work so only can change controler settings.

Also note I transfered good live rock from my 55g tank to this tank incase someone asks why some rock is so white.
20210824_180007.jpg

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless the fish are pinned down from the flow, they’ll be just fine. Our tanks will never match the sheer volume of water on the reef. I see my fish get pushed when they pass in front of the many pumps in my tank all the time and they’re all fat and healthy.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. My main worry was how young they are. I plan on ordering more customizable gyres / powerheads for even more random flow. Alternating times they run, and mix how they run. I'm not impressed with the jebao but the price for them was super cheap so I got them just to get them.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen the newer Jebao MCP line of gyres? They have a new smart controller that you can control via the Jebao app.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the wifi ones. Can't ever get them to connect to my phone. Either way I try to link them with my android phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-212538_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-212538_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 42

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, They will only work on a 2.4ghz wifi signal, not a 5ghz one. Make sure you are using a 2.4 wifi network when trying to connect to the Jebao controller. Same goes for the Jebao brand wifi dosers.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 125 and 6' long, and my flow is made by two jebao scp-150 with the flow set to max or nearly max (depending on how clean the pumps are). I do have them in master/slave mode so that only one pump is on at a time and I don't feel like I have enough flow.
IMO as long as it doesn't constantly look like your fish are being shoved around by the flow then they'll be fine.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on 2.4hz and still wont. Can you explain the master and slave mode? When i hit the wi/le only 1 light pops up at a time. Haven't found much on how it works or how to tell which one is which

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add what happens is I find the device on wifi. And when I select it and add it says error in connection. The light will stop flashing alternate colors. I've seen a ton of reviews on issues connecting so.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's on 2.4hz and still wont. Can you explain the master and slave mode? When i hit the wi/le only 1 light pops up at a time. Haven't found much on how it works or how to tell which one is which
You set one controller to Master and set the other one to Slave. hit the wi/le button on the first so its in master mode. put the other one in slave mode.

As far as connecting the controller to wifi..... Are you using the Jebao app to connect to the controller?
The app has two methods of connecting the controller to your home wifi. Have you tried both methods?
There is a video on youtube that covers connecting the controller to wifi pretty well. walks you through both methods of connecting.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I followed the instructions both ways to the T and still nothing. I'll keep trying though but yeah.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I followed the instructions both ways to the T and still nothing. I'll keep trying though but yeah.
One thing I would check is that your 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks both have different (unique) SSID's, correct?
If they both share the same SSID, it won't work. Some wifi networks are setup with both signals sharing the same SSID, which can then lead to issues like this.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I used my wifes phone. Will connect one but not the other. Im stumped

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back