Geo CalRx bubbles

Rockmp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a older Geo 612 single chamber CalRx ran using the “new” method using a kamoer pump. I am getting a ton of bubbles at the top of the chamber. I do not have my CO2 turned on yet. Could this be a recirculation pump issue? It’s still using the original eheim pump. Thoughts?

Thanks
Mark-

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means that you have a leak somewhere or the input water has bubbles in it. Leaks can be super annoying to locate and fix.

OP
OP
R

Rockmp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this makes sense now. Since this CalRx is an older one it’s made to push the water through vs pull (that’s what I am trying to do). Might switch it back and test to see if the bubbles go away. Stay tuned.
Thanks
Mark-

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can ever seen the bubbles entering, then this is easy. You can also slowly lower the thing into a large container of water, while running, and at least see what level the leak is at.

Every leak that I have ever fought was from a small tube connection (inlet/outlet) or a pump O-ring. Good luck. These can be really hard to find sometimes.

I also knocked a skimmer too close to the CaRx pump once while doing some maintenance and the bubbly water filled it with air - easy fix on this one, so check the water near the input first for micro/macro bubbles.

geo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a older Geo 612 single chamber CalRx ran using the “new” method using a kamoer pump. I am getting a ton of bubbles at the top of the chamber. I do not have my CO2 turned on yet. Could this be a recirculation pump issue? It’s still using the original eheim pump. Thoughts?

Thanks
Mark-
Mark please email me a brief video of the bubbles and a description of what equipment you are using and how it is connected. [email protected]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back