Geo reef cr618 reactor tuning issue

Waseem Akram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I am having problems with GEO cr618 calcium reactor with AP regulator which has been PIA since the day one. First of all reactor and AP regulater both came with faulty check valves but that I solved with a check valve I had from my last reactor. AP regulater are best known in the market but I don't know why I am have problems with it. Through the regulator either too much CO2 or too little. So far I have purge the reactor seven times but after 2or3 days again bubbles start coming back. Any suggestions well come. Other then that everything is good in the tank. If you can guide me to the right direction I will appreciate that.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha just set up an ap regulator and geo 618 a few weeks ago I'm also having an issue with the bubbles in the reactor but that's because I am pulling the water straight from my return section hence I get the micro bubbles into the reactor. Ap regulator was a huge pain to deal with as the original regulator broke so I called AP, they were not helpful at all , so I replaced the regulator body myself. As far as the bubble size difference, your check valve might require too much psi to be opened so the pressure builds up between the black box and the check valve until the check valve is opened, then the pressure gets released so you're seeing inconsistent bubbles where in reality the regulator itself is giving you consistent output, you might want to check that by taking off the check valve and putting the tube from the regulator into a cup of water , and see if the bubble count matches with the blinking light. If it does then you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
Waseem Akram

Waseem Akram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Macdaddynick1,
Thanks for you reply. I have checked the regulater with glass of water and it works perfectly. Got my self a new check valve it is working a bit better then before just not letting me adjust the consistency of bubbles. Does it matter if I increase the psi to 12 or more?

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Waseem Akram

Waseem Akram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks DLuce510. Definitely very helpful link. I will give it a go. Appreciate your help.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't adjust the bubble size either , but as I was told the water backed up into a regulator at some point causing that issue. not sure if you ever had water damage in yours

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the ph probe port for an air leak. The rubber gasket in mine was crooked and that caused it to slowly suck air through the probe port until I took it apart and seated it properly.

OP
OP
Waseem Akram

Waseem Akram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
thanks for all your advice for reactor. DLuce510 thanks for the link. I am trying that and looks like it is working for me. I know it is to early to tell but i will keep you posted how i go in next week or so. Thanks again.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%

Back