German blue monti?

  • Thread starter Thread starter timmyrules
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

timmyrules

VERY valuable member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
2,113
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I bought this coral online….it was labeled as “German blue montipora” and I was so excited to see its gorgeous blue color in my tank!!! But I’ve had it for 3 days now, and it’s just brown. I’m beginning to think maybe it isn’t a “German blue montipora” does anyone know what it is?

IMG_7230.jpeg IMG_7229.jpeg
 
Probably a german blue that isn't showing that much blue because it's enjoying high nutrient environment?
 
How do I bring out its blue color?
 
It looks like it down on the sand in the corner, probably the lowest light and flow area of the tank. It likes high light and high flow. Maybe try moving it up a little.
 
Ok, thank you for the reply, I’ll go move it right now.
 
How do I bring out its blue color?
If it adjusts to your tank and starts growing you may see it turning bluer with time. Others suggested moving it to improve current and light, which could also help it grow faster.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new