Get apex to control vectra feed mode

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know the wxm can’t communicate to the vectra and the vortechs cant communicate to the vectra either.

My question is if I get a reeflink can the vortechs toggle a feed mode to the vectra.

i would like the feed mode to be controlled from the apex so the feed mode would start at the wxm module to the vortechs then to the reeflink to the vectra. Would this work?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dunno .... fortunately feed mode is entirely unnecessary .... not really sure why folks do it.

JasonC80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think what you're talking about is pump groups. I don't think this will work with a controller because the pumps need to be reset to do the assignment. I hope i'm wrong though.

Can confirm this works without a controller though, when I would activate feed mode on any pump my two MP10's and Vectra would all go into feed mode. That relies on having two pump groups, 1 for the Vectra, and then another for the vortechs with a master/slave relationship built into those.

Work around, I plan to use a relay to open the battery backup power negative line, so turning off the outlet will completely turn off the Vectra for the duration of feed mode.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JasonC80 so you're going to power down the Vectra entirely, but leave the MP10s running or are you shutting power off to all?

JasonC80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats right, the GHL powerbar will turn off AC power to the vectra. Then sw1 switch output will turn on which will open the relay, turning off DC power to the vectra.

This will keep food from going down the overflow during a feed.

The vortechs work with the GHL module to activate feed mode so this is good. Using the relays i still have the option to turn off all power using sw2 switch output. For now i am keeping them running.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back