Get Ready Louisiana - Ida Thread

loftreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General Ida discussion thread. Looks like we are taking a Cat 3-4 straight to the face. I will be freezing water bottles to prepare for the power going out(nano), but it generally doesnt in my area.
Post your hurricane preps!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Shreveport. We usually get the after effects, bad storms, lots of rain and wind, but usually nothing more. Even during Katrina back in the day. Haven't lost power yet, but got battery airstones if needed.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hoping everyone is ok. If you need help keeping your tanks alive post up here and maybe some closer reefers can help out.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power outages galore in Nola. Luckily my sister and her bf's family got out because a few of them don't have houses to go back to anymore. Hoping everyone is staying safe.

lsamuel1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s next to impossible for referral in NOLA to survive this without moving their systems. No power for up to three weeks and no water since Sunday. Tough times in Southeast Louisiana. I do know some dedicated reefers who are hanging in there, though!

OP
OP
loftreef

loftreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got power back downtown. Kept clowns alive at first by scooping the water into a container and waterfalling it back into the tank from high up like every hour. Evac'd and came back on Tuesday to save my 2 clowns and they are currently back at home living in a 5gal bucket. Evaluating my options from here, current plan to just start over

lsamuel1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got power back downtown. Kept clowns alive at first by scooping the water into a container and waterfalling it back into the tank from high up like every hour. Evac'd and came back on Tuesday to save my 2 clowns and they are currently back at home living in a 5gal bucket. Evaluating my options from here, current plan to just start over

OP
OP
loftreef

loftreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
loftreef

loftreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a part of anything, I am a patron of theirs and they have been updating via email.

Last edited:

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Shreveport. We usually get the after effects, bad storms, lots of rain and wind, but usually nothing more. Even during Katrina back in the day. Haven't lost power yet, but got battery airstones if needed.
Man, I am sorry to hear you're in Shreveport. I was stationed at Barksdale and lived in Bossier City. My car got broken into twice in a year. I even knew the day and time they would break into my car and I couldn't stop it. Called the cops and they just said we will patrol the area. Next morning, my car had a hole in the door from a screw driver.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back