Get rid of bubble tips!!

Things that so readily self propagate in our tanks when happy need a dedicated species tank. Or so I have found. We started with one bta years ago in my sons 29 gallon biocube. One was lonely so it split and we had two. That wasn't too bad but the whole even number thing and before you know it we had 3. Purchased another 29 gallon biocube, mistake, moved one, back to the lonely number and consolidated them to a 40 breeder. Gave a bunch away to LFS and though I had them under control. Well, that they decided they wanted peace so upgraded to a 210 gallon system when all heck broke loose.

I have them in the display, the refugium, gave some away, and even one in my sump. Going to do one last upgrade and will remove every one of them. Son wants a couple and will dedicate a tank to them with a harem of clowns. I think that will look nice.

Never again will I add those :D

Wish you the best of luck with them. They are very cool creatures. Beautiful. But wow can they be a pain.
YEP! I started with one, that split to 3, then so on and so forth. I will never have another. I want to get back down to 1. Almost 20 years ago when I first had a saltwater tank, I have a sea bae anemone and it was amazing! Stayed as only one, but grew. BTA's are the ones that split endlessly. I never would have thought they would become a PEST ANEMONE.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new