Getting a leather to stay!

  • Thread starter Thread starter alliecat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alliecat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
281
Reaction score
7
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a beautiful and quite large green nepthea from a friend a few weeks ago. It has been tumbling around my tank since I've tried glue, rubber bands, even shoving it into cracks and it just won't stay. The base now has what I call "scar tissue" meaning there is no longer freshly exposed flesh (like what happens to mushrooms after they haven't adhered for a while). You guys think I should re-cut the bottom and start over? I hate to hack it it's so beautiful but it just won't stay!
 
Yes you can cut the older area off, just put the piece in a small container in a low flow area with some rubble and it will attach.
 
I cut the stump and rubber banded the stumpy end to a rock cut side down (in case it grows into something) and toothpick/rubber banded the rest to a small rock. Hopefully this time it will stay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new