Watch me kill SPS...

JPergamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it was mentioned earlier, but my acros also responded poorly when I tried to use rox carbon. I run bituminous with no issue for a long time. Just a thought, good luck

wilsonline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAR Mapping as noted above.
PAR Measurements.jpg
looks a lot like my tank, I mean the par levels. Today, I have a lot of frags here. I ordered 43 frags from an ebay seller. Did it by impulse and not really prepared to add all that. Thankfully only 2 frags didn't make it and those 2 already came with rtn. I should have cut them, but I don't have the tools and the rtn was in the middle. Anyway, next day in the tank and both frags were almost 100% gone. Sadly those were the 2 larger frags. But everything else made and looks ok. Growth on acros is still very poor here, but the montipora and the seriatopora are growing pretty good. So my tank did recover from the dinos.
Anyway, how is your tank??? Updates? Did you do a journal of your tank here? I highly recommend doing it.

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely still early on the growth journey. But attached are a few pieces.

The first that's covered the frag plug, when I got it it had only covered most of the top of the surface. The wrapping over the edges, creeping on nearby rock and new branches on the RH side of the base (towards the brighter section of the tank) is new growth since being added to my system. This one has been in my system since maybe early January.

The Orange Passion and Pink Cadillac just show examples of the frags encrusting with some polyp extension. These two have only been in my system for a month or so.

acro 001.jpg acro 002.jpg acro 003.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back