Getting a used apex a3 online

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian S
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brian S

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
112
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your time!

Trying to set up a used a3 pro - struggling.

Steps I've tried:

  1. Factory reset - held reset button until red light displays
  2. Blue light, connect to apex wifi network (tried both Samsung phone and pc) set phone to airplane mode
  3. Select wifi network (Google wireless network)
  4. Enter wifi password
  5. Green light, flash of purple, green light, then solid orange
  6. local page no longer loads in browser, wifi disconnected, base no longer blue, solid orange
What am I doing wrong?

Brian
 
Thanks for your time!

Trying to set up a used a3 pro - struggling.

Steps I've tried:

  1. Factory reset - held reset button until red light displays
  2. Blue light, connect to apex wifi network (tried both Samsung phone and pc) set phone to airplane mode
  3. Select wifi network (Google wireless network)
  4. Enter wifi password
  5. Green light, flash of purple, green light, then solid orange
  6. local page no longer loads in browser, wifi disconnected, base no longer blue, solid orange
What am I doing wrong?

Brian
I would check your router and make sure you are using a 2.4 ghz network. The apex has trouble with a mesh network. I setup a dedicated guest network that is only 2.4.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new