Getting back in the hobby, first reef tank

epetrillo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 20 years. I have done both freshwater and saltwater fish but this will be my first reef. I know I have a lot to learn especially since what experience I do have is 20 years old. I am 65 and just retired so I want to do this to stay busy. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so wanted to introduce myself.

Just ordered a Red Sea reefer xl 200 with Red Sea light and skimmer. I know that it will be harder to stay on top of water parameters with a smaller tank but think water changes and maintenance will be easier. Going to be a while before it is set up so I'll do some reading here in the meantime.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 20 years. I have done both freshwater and saltwater fish but this will be my first reef. I know I have a lot to learn especially since what experience I do have is 20 years old. I am 65 and just retired so I want to do this to stay busy. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so wanted to introduce myself.

Just ordered a Red Sea reefer xl 200 with Red Sea light and skimmer. I know that it will be harder to stay on top of water parameters with a smaller tank but think water changes and maintenance will be easier. Going to be a while before it is set up so I'll do some reading here in the meantime.
Good plan! Question and read and study and learn! There's a wealth of information and knowledge in/on these forums. Welcome to Reef2Reef and reef keeping. This'll sure keep you busy and frustrated and overjoyed! Ride the roller coaster!
roller coaster GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Glad you joined. Congrats on retirement!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back