Getting back in the hobby, first reef tank

epetrillo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
65
Location
Riverside
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 20 years. I have done both freshwater and saltwater fish but this will be my first reef. I know I have a lot to learn especially since what experience I do have is 20 years old. I am 65 and just retired so I want to do this to stay busy. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so wanted to introduce myself.

Just ordered a Red Sea reefer xl 200 with Red Sea light and skimmer. I know that it will be harder to stay on top of water parameters with a smaller tank but think water changes and maintenance will be easier. Going to be a while before it is set up so I'll do some reading here in the meantime.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to R2R and good luck with the new tank. Let me know when you are ready to turbocharge the sump! Allowed Me to overstock my RSR 170.

2F82296B-5420-49BD-B02A-C379AE2379F8.jpeg
 
Hello everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 20 years. I have done both freshwater and saltwater fish but this will be my first reef. I know I have a lot to learn especially since what experience I do have is 20 years old. I am 65 and just retired so I want to do this to stay busy. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so wanted to introduce myself.

Just ordered a Red Sea reefer xl 200 with Red Sea light and skimmer. I know that it will be harder to stay on top of water parameters with a smaller tank but think water changes and maintenance will be easier. Going to be a while before it is set up so I'll do some reading here in the meantime.
Good plan! Question and read and study and learn! There's a wealth of information and knowledge in/on these forums. Welcome to Reef2Reef and reef keeping. This'll sure keep you busy and frustrated and overjoyed! Ride the roller coaster!
roller coaster GIF
 
Hello everyone, I am getting back into the hobby after 20 years. I have done both freshwater and saltwater fish but this will be my first reef. I know I have a lot to learn especially since what experience I do have is 20 years old. I am 65 and just retired so I want to do this to stay busy. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions so wanted to introduce myself.

Just ordered a Red Sea reefer xl 200 with Red Sea light and skimmer. I know that it will be harder to stay on top of water parameters with a smaller tank but think water changes and maintenance will be easier. Going to be a while before it is set up so I'll do some reading here in the meantime.
Welcome!

Glad you joined. Congrats on retirement!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new