Getting back into it! (for real this time) / Tank advice?

Bentonb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright! my saltwater tank passion began back in roughly 2012, started a 28g nanocube in my dorm room. Sadly had to get rid of it before moving out to California where I wanted to start another, however my apartment complex said no. That's all about to change. I'm getting married in under 3 weeks, and I've already convinced my soon-to-be wife that I need another aquarium. (We will be renting a house that shouldn't care about a tank.)
Needless to say, me being me, I'm already looking at what I should get, and I'd like some opinions. Firstly, I would like to get back in with a tank larger than a nano. Right now I'd feel comfortable with something in the 60-100 gallon range? I've already found my LFS out here and have a good rapport with them and they mentioned they might be able to cut me a deal on this tank, its a ~90 gallon 36x24x24. But I've never heard of the brand and I can't find a whole lot on it out on the internet. So coming to the experts, (You guys) what do you think? is it going to bust and ruin my house? should I opt for something different? The tank pictured is sold by seaside aquatics, which aren't my LFS but I'm using their pictures anyway.
upload_2018-6-18_11-1-27.png

Let me know what you think. I'm trying to nail down tank size/dimensions so I know what else I can start looking for in order to be able to go all out after the honeymoon :)
Thanks in advance.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about this tank but I'm sure someone can help. All my experience is in the area of Biocube and nanos at the current time.

@Shep or @4FordFamily - do you guys know anything about this particular tank or know anyone that does?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Bentonb

Bentonb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, FINALLY bought a tank. Went a little smaller than I originally planned, due to my new wife of three weeks now being involved in my financial decisions lol. Settled on a Cobalt Aquatics C-Vue 45.

I ordered it Tuesday, it was supposed to be in yesterday, but the LFS supplier couldn't get it in, so it's supposed to be getting to the store today? We will see?
That didn't stop me from ordering everything else I need. Went pretty ecotech heavy. Different people have different opinions on it, I get it. I just wanted to be able to reuse my light specifically once I get a larger tank in a year to 18 months. Also, not pictured is a tunze osmolator and 65lbs of reefsaver dry rock from BRS (which said it should be here Monday, but UPS has it on the truck today out for shipping :) .)

reef gear.jpg

Hopefully the tank comes in today and I can have water in it by later this evening. Since its an AIO I'm not going to have a ton of room for things in the back, but should be enough to wet my figurative feet back in the hobby, can't wait!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back