Getting my feet wet

eplfan2011

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
45
Location
Illinois USA
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Like many on here I've kept freshwater fish for years but have always wanted to try saltwater. My wife bought me a evo 13.5 for my birthday in October and this will be the begining of my adventure on the salty side. It went underwater on the second of this month and has nearly cycled.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome and Goodluck man

I started about this time last year and the community here has taught me so much.

I to was from fresh and i will say the challenge is staying stable. Fresh we have a bit more leway but with salt stabilty is power. Alk, mag, cal or nutrients could be higher than other but if you keep it more stable then others yoir corals and fish will be happy.

Best advise i can give from some one still learning haha

Stability is power in a reef
Feed your corals to haha ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new