OP
OP
Gus Henry

Gus Henry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Super stoked to be part of the community.

It’s not easy reefing (even if only softies) here in China cuz my Chinese is crap so coral identification is hit or miss.

Would be cool to also learn the differences between reefing practices here and the US.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

My name's Nicky and I've been lurking on Reef2reef for quite a while now just absorbing as much as I can and getting entertained along the way. Big thanks to all you guys with your informative and often amusing threads!

I've been a fish head most my life (I've had a tank everywhere I've lived almost) and had a saltwater tank waayyy back when I was 17yrs old. Thinking back, I realize it's a fowlr but at that time, I called it a fish only? It ran on a UGF with live rock (I tried hooking up a sump with powerheads for the over flow and return but ended up flooding the living room. Yay.)

Inhabitants were a roll call of fish ( I do feel terrible looking back at my ghastly husbandry) but had a lion fish that lived with me happily till I broke the tank down when I left for university.

Flash forward, I got bit by the bug again just from reading on all the different ways the hobby has evolved. It blows my mind thinking of the myriad of ways we can set up a tank and our maintenance schedule. Just started a 200G softie reef (no time for SPS) and will post my build thread asap.

Hope all you guys are doing well!

-Nicky
Welcome to reef 2 reef! I know I’m a little late but if you need anything feel free to ask!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

My name's Nicky and I've been lurking on Reef2reef for quite a while now just absorbing as much as I can and getting entertained along the way. Big thanks to all you guys with your informative and often amusing threads!

I've been a fish head most my life (I've had a tank everywhere I've lived almost) and had a saltwater tank waayyy back when I was 17yrs old. Thinking back, I realize it's a fowlr but at that time, I called it a fish only? It ran on a UGF with live rock (I tried hooking up a sump with powerheads for the over flow and return but ended up flooding the living room. Yay.)

Inhabitants were a roll call of fish ( I do feel terrible looking back at my ghastly husbandry) but had a lion fish that lived with me happily till I broke the tank down when I left for university.

Flash forward, I got bit by the bug again just from reading on all the different ways the hobby has evolved. It blows my mind thinking of the myriad of ways we can set up a tank and our maintenance schedule. Just started a 200G softie reef (no time for SPS) and will post my build thread asap.

Hope all you guys are doing well!

-Nicky
welcome back! Once the salty bug has bitten, we can't stay away - I was out and returned last year. You can build on all the experience you already have. Look forward to hearing about your upcoming successes!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back