Getting new LED lights- any suggestions?

Elle22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2017
Messages
112
Reaction score
43
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar thread a while back, but since then my budget has increased. I am looking for suggestions for lights to go over my reef tank. I am trying to create a mixed reef, but I would like to grow SPS and acros so I know I need a higher powered light source for that.
Black box less were commonly suggested, but I think I would prefer to go with more of a name brand especially because I am going to be leaving for college in a year and I need to put faith in something that I cannot fix when I am away from home.

I have a 30 gallon tank I need to light has dimensions: 23.6" x 19.7" x 16.5" (60 cm x 50 cm x 42cm ). Cost is still something I have to keep in mind, and unfortunately I cannot afford the G4 radions everyone loves, if that is a good indication of where I am price wise.
I currently have the JBJ orion Lt-120 lights that came with my tank. While they have done a good job for less demanding corals, I know I need an upgrade to advance my tank and the coral in it.

Thank you and I can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions!
 
I love my Maxspect Ethereal, but they can be a pain in the butt to set up initially. I have had some connectivity issues between the light and the wifi controller but now that I have the scheduling dialed in it's not an issue :)

If you don't want to spend as much, wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday holiday sales, I expect we'll be seeing all sorts of discounts on reefkeeping equipment around that time!
 
I love my hydra 26. Kind of a pain to get right color spectrum without using someone elses program to start with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new